Educators! Are you a lover of JASON interested in going "above and beyond" with JASON and your students? Consider becoming a volunteer by joining the JASON Volunteer Corps! Our volunteers are given opportunities to participate in local Argonaut initiatives, provide feedback on programs, assist in selecting novels, send stories of success from their area, help at conferences, or contribute to JASON in other ways. Our success is dependent on the energy and creativity of our volunteers.
Educators in the JASON Volunteer Corps (JVC) have the opportunity to designate their interest in volunteering in a particular area of JASON. These areas include:
- Local Argonaut Activities - Participate in Argonaut Challenges, Argo Chats, and other local Argo initiatives.
- Interactive Events - Help pilot JASON events such as online chats and Webcasts with JASON researchers.
- JASON Curriculum Reviews - Review and evaluate JASON programs such as literature selections and curriculum components.
- Digital Lab and Game Reviews - Help conceptualize and test the next generation of JASON Digital Labs.
- JASON Mission Center - Test and evaluate JASON Mission Center tools and features. Media Contact - Provide stories of success with JASON to local and national media. Training/Conference Assistance - Help coordinate and run JASON trainings and conferences.
- Recognition - Assist with recognizing outstanding volunteers through certificates, prizes, and JASON Awards.
- JASON Rapid Response - Provide quick feedback and reviews on various JASON initiatives and pilot programs.
If you are an educator (teacher, professor, group-leader, or home-schooler) with interest in volunteering in one or more of these areas, you can tell us on the JASON Volunteer sign-up form, available in the JASON Mission Center.
By volunteering with the JVC, you agree to participate in the volunteer activities in which you have designated an interest. Being an active and thoughtful participant helps strengthen the JASON Volunteer Corp and the entire JASON Community.
Volunteers who participate and complete their duties will be recognized for their hard work on a Recognition page. Additionally, volunteers may receive certificates of recognition and enhanced consideration for other JASON awards.